Office Driver Full-time Job1 year ago - Others - Kathmandu - 476 views
Founded in 1983, the National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan organization working to strengthen and expand democracy worldwide.
NDI works with democrats and democratic institutions in every region of the world to build political and civic organizations safeguard elections and promote citizen participation, openness and accountability in government. Headquartered in Washington, DC, NDI maintains offices in over 70 countries on five continents. Its diverse workforce of employees from 75 countries are united in the belief that democracies promote economic growth and development more consistently and equitably than non-democratic political systems. NDI’s office in Nepal has been operational since 1997 and has since collaborated with the Parliament, political parties, government agencies and civil society. NDI-Nepal is seeking candidates for the position of Office Driver to support the field office’s movements in and outside Kathmandu. This position is based in Kathmandu and reports to the Administrative and Security Assistant.
Job Title: Office Driver
Job Location: Kathmandu (Frequent travel to outside valley)
No.of Vacancy: 1
Reports to: Administrative and Senior Assistant
- Drive office vehicles safely and maintain the driving guidelines, placing the safety of passengers as the top priority at all times.
- Ensure that all vehicles comply with the Minimum Operating Security Standards.
- Take care of the day to day maintenance of assigned vehicles, check oil, water, battery, brakes and other technical aspects. Notify the supervisor immediately of any problems or the need for repairs.
- Update and report all the vehicle documents periodically to the supervisor.
- Payment of office utilities such as telephone, mobile, water, electricity, and other bills.
- Flexibility and availability to work longer hours during the intense and intensive program period
- Assist with other official duties as instructed by the supervisor, including logistics support.
- Collect and deliver mail, documents, and other items.
Education or Experience
- SLC Education is preferred.
- Minimum of three to four years of driving experience. Previous working experience in I/NGO preferred.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Valid driver’s license.
- Able to work under minimal supervision and be proactive.
- Integrity and flexibility, coupled with enthusiasm, commitment, and energy.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-national environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to work in a team.
- Maintenance of confidentiality at all times.
- Training in Mechanics will be an added advantage.
- Nepali and English language speaking and writing required.
The application deadline is March 25, 2018. To apply, please e-mail a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls, please!
Applicants need to possess work authorization to work in Nepal.
NDI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.